A History of England in 12 volumes
A History of England is a series of reprints of twelve classic volumes of different periods of English history, together constituting a continuous history from ancient Roman times to the end of the twentieth century. The volumes were selected by, and under the general editorship of, British historian Felipe Fernandez-Armesto, and published by the Folio Society.
The twelve volumes comprise:
1. A History of England, Volume I: Britannia, a History of Roman Britain by Sheppard Frere (1999)
2. A History of England, Volume II: Anglo-Saxon England by Peter Hunter Blair (1997)
3. A History of England, Volume III: Early Medieval England by M.T. Clanchy (1997)
4. A History of England, Volume IV: England in the Later Middle Ages by M.H. Keen (1997)
5. A History of England, Volume V: England Under the Tudors by G.R. Elton (1997)
6. A History of England, Volume VI: England Under the Stuarts by George Macaulay Trevelyan (1999)
7. A History of England, Volume VII: England in the Eighteenth Century by Roy Porter (1998)
8. A History of England, Volume VIII: England in the Age of Improvement 1783-1867 by Asa Briggs (2002)
9. A History of England, Volume IX: Victorian England by G.M. Young (2002)
10. A History of England: Volume X: Edwardian England by Elie Halevy (1999)
11. A History of England, Volume XI: England 1914-1945 by A.J.P. Taylor (2000)
12. A History of England, Volume XII: England 1945-2000 by Felipe Fernandez-Armesto (2001)
Please contact us if you would like more details or to see more images of A History of England.
Why buy A History of England in 12 volumes from Daker Books?
Daker Books is an independent bookshop in the village of Kibworth, south Leicestershire, specialising in rare and collectable treasures, signed copies, pre-loved and beautiful editions. We have a large collection of Folio Society books too. We pride ourselves on our friendly, professional service and place customer relations and environmental sustainability at the heart of business.
Come and meet the books in person in our cosy, newly-renovated bookshop, or we can mail out any orders under £150 within the UK for just £4 postage and packing, or for free on orders over £150. We can gladly post books out to anywhere overseas too; please see our Delivery Options for more details.
If you also like brand new books, check out our sister bookshop Kibworth Books.
Folio Society books
Daker Books wants to help its customers seek out second-hand books of the highest quality. To aid in this goal, we have identified that The Folio Society produces books that many of our regular visitors desire. For over 70 years, The Folio Society has published beautiful, illustrated editions of the world’s greatest books. They aim to produce unique books that are outstanding in both their literary content and physical form, and that will grace every bookshelf.
We currently have a large number of out-of-print Folio Society books and are increasing our stock all the time. Please check out our stock at the link below, and if you’re looking for something that we don’t have, we’d be delighted to source it for you.